ULTRASOUND FRUSTRATION

I HAD AN ULTRASOUND AT 18 WEEKS TO FIND OUT THE SEX OF THE BABY.
I AM 29 WEEKS NOW AND WANT ANOTHER ULTRASOUND TO SEE HIM. I FEEL DISCONNECTED AND FRUSTRATED THAT THE DR WILL ONLY GIVE ANOTHER ULTRASOUND IF SOMETHING IS WRONG...... SHOULDN'T THEY CHECK ON HIM ATLEAST ONE MORE TIME? ITS MY 1ST CHILD. HOW DO I KNOW IF HES IN THE RIGHT POSITION?

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 12:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• go to the er! tell them you want one that you feel like something isnt right and you wanna make sure!theyll more than likely do an ultrasound and you will get to see him again!!:)i went through the same thing!!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 12:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• if you have health insurance you can ask for one and tell them that it is very important for you..

they actually cant denny you an ultrasound. usually when i ask for one to see if the baby is fine they make me listen to the heart beat! i dont wanna hear just that! i was to see my little one

and it upsets me when they dont do what i ask...Make an appointment and get one done! =)
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Nope not unless something is wrong, or you go past your due date. Babies are always moving by the time you come to deliver the nurses can feel his position when it is time for him to come.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 12:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• dr. dont HAVE to give you a second one. Most do. No, they can check manually... meaning they feel your stomach and can check. If you feel disconnected just because you cant see him, I would talk to your dr. something might be wrong.... if could also be that your insurance wont cover another u/s unless something is wrong. You can pay out of your pocket for another u/s... call your hospital and see what they say.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• they can feel if he's in the right position.

you could always pay for a 3d/4d ultrasound yourself.
    Anonymous

• Insurance wont pay for another one unless you are having problems & needs it. The dr. can tell by feeling your belly if the baby is in the correct position (which it does not need to be head down till right before birth anyway...they can flip around at the last minute). If you really need one so bad then you can go pay for one of those 3d or 4d ones. be happy you aren't having any problems with the baby that neccesitates needing more ultrasounds. My last baby was born premature and had health issues and i had a lot of them. I would rather her have been healthy & only needed one sonagram.
    Anonymous

• they dont have to do a second u/s and most the time they wont. They can tell what postion your baby is in just by feeling your tummy. It sucks cuz we enjoy seeing are little one on screen but thats the way it is. Sometimes at 35 or so they will do one to make sure baby is growing good but not always.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2008