What do you think?

My ex and I split up a little over 2 months ago. He is already in a new relationship and we were together for 4 years. yes, I am only 19. Our daughter is 2. I don't think it is right for him to throw her into a new relationship like that. I think he should keep his new girl away while he has our daughter. What do you guys think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i agree.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I agree. When he has custody, it should be about the two of them, not introducing a 3rd party.
    2ndtimewish

Answer by 2ndtimewish at 11:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• He doesn't have custody, which makes it worse. he gets her one day a week and every other weekend. There is no reason he can't just spend that time with his daughter. The girl will survive without him for that long.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I agree, I don't think it's good for your DD to have a girlfriend tossed into her life so soon. If it was a serious relationship that would be different, but other wise I don't think it healthy for her to start to be seeing a lot of different girls in her Dads life and get confused about what's going on. He needs to grow up and spend quality time with her when he has her, or just leave her at home with you.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• While you cant expect him to not move on, you can ask for him to at least wait 6 months before introducing your baby to his new girl. You dont want your daughter seeing girl after girl after girl with her dad... I think that until the relationship is stable, has some time behind it, and is getting more serious, then he can introduce her.
    My SO and I are happily together, but if we ever did split, I would ask this of him and do the same. Unless I or him are really serious about someone new, they shouldnt be in your childs life. Children need stability, and if all your baby sees is relationship after relationship, they may suffer.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I think with toddlers of seperated parents it is best to keep the new person away from the child to ensure that the other person is going to stick around for a while. Keep in mind that when you have a child invovled in a relationship they get attached too and they dont understand we just werent right for each other.
    ashes_leigh

Answer by ashes_leigh at 3:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i really think that he should hold off on your dd seeing this new girl... cause the chances are they may not last someone new may come back in and bam your dd is confused i've seen it before... kids get attached and most the time relationships don't last and children are the ones suffering in the end... but i would go the same for you too.... you wouldn't want your dd to have to see different guys coming in and out her life.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yeah. He needs to grow up and consider how this is affecting his daughter.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 8:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• At your daughters age she will be very confused if she has to be around daddy's new girlfriend right away. He should definitely wait to introduce her to a new woman only if they become serious, but considering how fast he moved on from you, I highly doubt this rebound girl will last long, so to introduce the daughter to her and then have her ripped away after a while would send mixed messages and hurt the daughter when she never sees her again. If he only gets limited visting time, then he should understand your concerns and just spend the quality time with her alone.
    meg4763

Answer by meg4763 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• he should wait as long as possible before dd meets some chick. more than a year imo.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 4:06 AM on Nov. 21, 2010