What do you do when you fall out of love?

I have been with my husband for almost six years. We have two bright kids. I am a full time student and he works. Lately i feel like he is puting me on the back burner. I dont know what to do. I really try. I find my self wishing I had never got married at a young age. What do you think I should? dont believe in divorce. I feel like I am trapped and i am not happy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Have you talked with him about how you feel? Tell him exactly how you feel it may hurt at first but if you two maybe able to figure out why you are feeling like this and change things.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 11:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• going through the same thing. have the same questions
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 11:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• have you read the love dare? When you fall out of love most of the time it is because both people stop trying to make the other person happy and stop putting them first. It may feel to you like he has you on the back burner-which he very well may but there are probably needs of his that have been going unmet as well. I highly recommend the book the Love Dare, I know several people who swear that the book saved their marriage!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I've been married for 20 years and its very easy to slip into ruts where you feel as if your husband doesn't even see you anymore. Ask yourself honestly...Are you doing the same thing to him? Sometimes the day to day routine causes spouses to take each other for granted. Talk to him about it. tell him what you're feeling. Ask him if he feels the same way and then suggest that you both make suggestions and institute behaviors that can get things back on track.
    Aun1

Answer by Aun1 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I remember why I loved him. Then I try to tell him how i feel, like when I feel placed aside. Then I think in the real sense of life, How does it look with out him. For me it looks worse. So I started a once a month date night , No sitter that's alright, Kids in bed, dinner and movie at home . We recently started playing cards together.. There is always time for each other when you want there to be. Even an hour helps.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 11:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• If you don't believe in divorce, and you want to maintain that belief (even though it's not serving you very well at this time), then you are obligated to either work on you marriage, or resigning yourself to an unhappy miserable life. You only have so many options if you won't consider leaving. The other is staying. You need to talk to hubby about how you are feeling. Find out how he's feeling. COmmunication is the only way you are going to have a chance at happiness. It's not necessarily that I advocate divorce, but if leaving is not an option, you will have to make it work, come hell or high water.
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• have a talk with him about how u feel. maybe u guys should try counseling also,
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 3:45 AM on Nov. 20, 2010