I just finished my internship and they offered me a SALARIED position!!!

Oh Boy did my family need this. I have been interning for 1 year now, got my degree 6 months ago, and they finally offered me a salaried position. I was making $12.25 an hour before. I'm not lying....I just got an offer for a position that opened up, an estimated $5870.00 monthly salary which is entry level. I wanted to cry so much, out of relief. I just found out I was expecting my second child too, I'm 6weeks along, My son is currently 4. My Husband has been scratching to get us bye. Seriously I am going to cry...I want to cry and scream and call everyone. I'm not telling anyone buy my hubby tonight when he gets off work, I will accept the offer on Monday, The position starts on the 1st of December.

OMG...and to think just last year I was such a mess stressing about $$ so bad...we were even on PA(Food Stamps) for a whole year a couple years ago.

I just wanted to tell someone, I have so much happy anxiety from this. I haven't had anything good happen for me, as far as money goes, ever.

Moms: If you work hard for something you can achieve it.

Have you had something truly raise stress right off your shoulders instantaneously before?

Did you just want to cry like a big ole baby like me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• Congratulations! That's very exciting and wonderful news, both the new baby and the new job!!! Start checking out the Company's short term disability policy with respect to the maternity leave, in conjunction with your state's policy. Do your home work, and verify the info people tell you, even your own HR department. Don't give away your pregnancy news to any coworkers / boss yet until you have established your credibility. And most importantly, take care of yourself first. You'll need it when the second one pops out.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I feel like I just hit the Lotto. Now my husband can quit his shitty job and go back to school too. :) I am so happy right now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Amazing and wonderful for you. May I ask what field you are in?
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Congrats on your job. Im glad you were able to get the position you wanted.n =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Congrats...but do they know you're expecting?
    Anonymous

• I work for a Life Insurance Company. I did the data entry/organization as an intern. My new position directs interns, field work (research), analysis, and then a lot of at home work going over figures and crunching them. So if you know a company like State Farm, their agents sell the insurance right, it is our job at this office to figure out how much we charge each individual so we can get the most money.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• @anon
    I am not telling them yet. I am pretty sure I can have a lot of my work forwarded to me, it's a lot of math, and you don't need to be in an office to do math 24/7. But I'm not sure So I am keeping it on the hush hush for now
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• CONGRATULATIONS! That is awesome. What a blessing, a new job and a new Baby!
    Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 12:09 AM on Nov. 20, 2010