Do people who are pro-life generally come from bigger families or have more children than 1 or 2?...

I'm just curious because it seems in my opinion that pro-life people tend to have bigger families which I would think could jeopardize the thinking of pro-choice people because these same children tend to support the same ideals they are brought up by their own parents...do the pro-choice people worry that they will not have a following to champion pro-choice rights? I guess what I am saying is do pro-life people outnumber pro-choice people in regards to the size of their families?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I do not think that just because someone does not believe in abortion that they are going to have a bigger family....that does not really make sence.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My husband and I are both pro life. I come from a family with 3 total children(me and 2 younger brothers), he comes from a family with 2 total children (himself and his sister).

I don't think being pro life or pro choice has anything to do with the size of the family that you come from. One of my best friends is pro life and she's an only child.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 12:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Uhm..I don't think so..
    I come from a HUGE family. All my sisters and my mother are pro-choice.
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 12:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I really don't think that it is like an ethnic tradition that one is raised in. One's view of abortion is based on personal conclusions about inflicting suffering, about respecting other people, and about the psychological health of the mother who had the abortion. Those are the factors considered whether you are atheist or religious. If you believe in God, then there are also reverence for something God has brought about, right and wrong of killing, etc. ... And be aware that the pro-abortion crusade has deliberately confused the issue by substituting the word choice for the world abortion. I am anti-abortion AND pro-choice. I understand the tragedy of abortion both for the baby and for the mother, but I do NOT wish to make abortion illegal.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I think it is more of a religious thing..Being pro-life..I am not religious and I am pro-choice..But I could be wrong

Answer by louise2 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I don't think it makes a difference, really. People are going to be who they want to be regardless of how their parents raised them.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• WOW!! What a stupid question!! I am pro-life and I only have one sister. You don't have to come from a large family to be anti-murder.
    Anonymous

• I'm pro-life and have 2 siblings...but I don't think it makes a difference. I'm also not religious. I just don't think its fair to kill babies. I'm choosing to have 3 children in my family because I love my kids, but I know other pro-lifers that are only children and have no kids with no intentions of having any. Vice-versa...so I don't *think* it really matters, IMO
    Anonymous

• I'm a pro-life mom that came from a family where I'm my dad's only child and my mother has twins younger than I am from her second marriage. I don't think we're "large" and I've got one child and one on the way and I'm probably done having children. I know how to use condoms or keep my legs together if I don't want another baby and if my daughters don't have the same good judgment, then I guess they'll be "punished" with a baby...wasn't that the quote?
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Pro-life, I have 2 children, my parents only had 2 children, each of my aunts/uncles have 1-3 children, my mom is one of 2 children...

Okay, my dad's one of 6.

I think it's more part religion, part personal experience.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 1:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2008