What do you do when your ears are so stopped up that you can't stand it?

My ears feel so full and I am totally miserable. Does anyone have any ideas what to do about it?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 11:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Health

• My ears were plugged for 4 days before getting painfully unbearable. I tried everything I could. By Wednesday night, my left ear was so painful went I bent forward that I nearly yelled out. I slept with a hot as I could bare, washcloth on my pillow. The steam did wonders and I feel asleep comfortable. Thursday I finally gave in and went to the doctor's office. She diagnosed me with a sinus infection which spread to both ears. She said my left ear was filled up with fluid. And my right ear was had a little fluid too. She prescribed amoxicillin and antibacterial eardrops. Tonight my ears are still clogged, but at least no pain. And the pressure in my sinuses are declining.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 12:18 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Take a hot shower... That will help to loosen some of it up... Then use massage to push it through.

Place your finger on the side of your head right in front of your ear push in & rub down... That will force them to drain.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I plug my nose and blow, seems to help . or take sudafed
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 11:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Gosh I hate that. I had that happen twice over the summer. Mucinex helped me somewhat, but when I get like that the only thing that helps me is a round of Prednisone.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Ok so here's what you do: squirt in one ear at a time rubbing alcohol until you feel the ear plug up. Then let it sit for a min and then tip your head over and do the other ear the same way. The alcohol will dry up the water. You may have to do it more than once a day or seveal days in a row. If you don't get the water out, you might get an ear infection.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Take a hot shower and maybe some Sudafed or another decongestant.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 3:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• if they are full from ear wax then get some wax removal. Otherwise other people on here had some good advice.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 4:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• full of cold or wax?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2010