A night in Wonderland ideas...

We are planning a lock in for our group of 27 4th-7th grade girl scouts. We will be watching the new Alice in Wonderland and I'm looking for ideas of snacks, crafts, games, etc to go along with the night.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 11:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• These came from my 17 year old DD who loves Alice in Wonderland. She said you need to have little cakes with EAT ME on them and little tarts from the Red Queen. Games- Match the key to the door to Wonderland, Maybe a relay recess to see which team could put on the most dresses (in the movie Alice has change her dress a lot of times). In the movie the Mad Hatter has to hide Alice from the knights, he hides her in a teapot, you could have some kind of memory game Find Alice with cups or teapots.. Crafts- Design your own Mad Hatter Hat.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• @Cindy18 - Tell your daughter THANK YOU! I love these idea. (c:
    scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My daughter had an Alice in Wonderland birthday party. Another little craft idea you could do that I did for decoration at her party was making tissue flowers...they are cheap, and easy....I just googled tissue paper flowers for instructions on how to do them. You could also play hearts...the card game. I also took marshmallows and vanilla wafers and dipped them in chocolate, putting the wafer on top of a marshmallow, when it dried, it looked like a mushroom. You could also do make up on each other to look like the red queen...look on youtube for queen of hearts (Alice in Wonderland) makeup by kandee for how tos. Make caterpillars out of those puff colored balls...play pin the smile on the cheshire
    cnice1976

Answer by cnice1976 at 2:24 AM on Nov. 21, 2010