How do you know if a relationship is truely worth it?

I am a mom of 3 & in a relationship with a great guy. His daughter lives with him & my kids live with me every 3 days, we have shared custody. So naturally we don't have much alone time together. He stays so busy & so do I to a certain degree. I am in a relationship with someone but then again I feel alone. When we do have a couple of hours of course it is at night & we talk & fool around & then go our seperate ways. I love him alot but I don't know how much longer I can keep going in this really weird situation. Any suggestions?

Brandie2698

Asked by Brandie2698 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• No one can decide for you. Listen to your heart, listen to your gut. Follow your intuition. As a single Mom remember to be very careful about the people you bring into your childrens lives. If they aren't around long you will have to pay for it with them for a long, long time. Good Luck!
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• The best way to tell is to ask yourself: does this relationship overall make me feel good about myself and my life, is my life better or worse because of it? that said, if you really love each other, perhaps the answer is finding ways to make things work better... try another way. true love is hard to find.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• You both have obstacles in your lives that make it a weird situation. But you can't do anything about that. Enjoy each other the best way you can. If the relationship is more of a burden on your life then you can decide to end it. But if not, just be patient and accept that this is the way has to be for now. Especially if you two love each other. Hang in there! It may not be your ideal situation but it can still work and it may improve later.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Seriously consider telling him that it's over, you're done, can't do it anymore. How does that make you feel? Your answer to that question is how to tell if it's really worth it.

KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 2:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Honestly? I think if you're asking this question, you already have your answer, and you don't like it. Sorry!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Try to have "Adult Time" at least 2 times a week, even if includes getting a babysitter for his kids and your. Also I would have a least 1 night with all the kids together { like a play date }, that way the kids get used to the situation and no one is weirded out about the substitution.ttc

1StressedKitty

Answer by 1StressedKitty at 5:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2008