Going back to school

I want to go to school for cosmetology only. They have several schools in my area. I'm not sure what they cost. I spoke with a hairstylist that went to one of the schools and she said she went full time and completed her schooling in 10 months. In this state you have to have 1500 hours to then go take the state test to get licensed. There's just a few problems: One, we are living off of one income right now, DH's and aren't making it as is. We took out 2 loans just to pay bills and can't take out anymore. Two, I have 2 little ones that I care for and I can't afford anyone to care for them and dh works a rotating schedule and last minute overtime and crazy hours, never know what its gonna be. Three, we have one car that dh takes with him to work that is 45 mins a way. Fourth, I need a job to pay bills and achool and have looked for a year and can't find anything. Last, I don't have a driver's license.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• ...let's back track... What was your original question supposed to be?

Trust me, WAIT to go back to school if you're in this kind of position. Usually you rush people back to school, but in this case, no. You can barely make it on your own right now, financially. Don't put another burden on your shoulders. Just wait until you a DH are back on your feet and financially stable enough to do this. It's a big jump!

Also, financial aid is available for this type of schooling... When you're ready, you might want to look into that.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I agree with the PP. I am about in the same boat you are and its killling me to not be able to go back to get to school to get a better job to get of this rutt that i feel like im never going to get out of. but i know in my situation if i go now it's only going to make things even worse for us. hopefully a window of opportunity will open for you and you can make your dreams come true!!
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 12:32 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• there are people out there that will help if you want to go back to plus day care i would check it out
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:02 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I agree with athimemommy - now is not the time for you to add another thing on your plate. It's going to be a huge challenge for you to attend school right now. Keep looking for work...
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 8:21 AM on Nov. 20, 2010