When you are feeling down, what do you do to get yourself feeling good again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Health

• i read a good book, watch a favorite move, cuddle with my dog or cat, spend time in nature, talk to a good friend, eat well, sleep well, let a couple things go that aren't important in order to take good care of me. i also use a medicine wheel tool to get some clarity which helps me move beyond the problem. i'll be happy to give you a reading... it will pull out some of the stuff based on your intuition that can help you problem solve. just treat yourself like you deserve. and if you're not feeling good about yourself, then call your best friends and tell them you need to know why they love you. another thing that makes me feel good is just spending time with my daughter.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Bubble baths, meditate, go for a walk, listen to music, vent to a friend, have my favorite treat, ask my hubby for a massage, go get a pedicure, play with my kids, play with my dogs, color a picture in a coloring book ( sounds weird but for me it helps me to center and calm down), watch my favorite comedy, go shopping (even if I don't by anything sometimes it's nice to get out of the house), read an uplifting book (chicken soup for the soul books are great for this!) and the number one...DO SOMETHING NICE FOR SOMEONE ELSE. Being able to help someone else out takes me out of myself and my problems and gives me a good feeling.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• 12 pack of Pilsner Urquell.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Ha ha prettyrayray I guess I forgot that one!
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• eat more fruit, take a walk, go for a run, cuddle my boyfriend, play with my baby.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I have found that when I feel down I am over tired, so I try to catch up on my sleep. But you can't let that lead you into sleeping too much or laying around doing nothing all day, then you feel worse.
    It also helps me to spend time outside, and away from the city.
    AJmamma

Answer by AJmamma at 2:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Meditate, eat healthy foods, take vitamins, get some exercise, do yoga, read something inspirational, talk to a good positive-minded friend, go run errands and practice smiling at strangers, clean my house, go walk a labyrinth, rub my dog's belly, write in my journal about why I'm grateful and how much I love myself and my life... that's just off the top of my head.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• WHATEVER MAKES YOU HAPPY.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2008