SUV or MINI-VAN?

I am looking for a new vehicle. I prefer an SUV ( Tahoe or Suburban,etc.). But I love the versatility of a mini-van. I rented a 2010 Chrysler Town and Country over the summer and it had all the bells and whistles. I loved it but it still seemed small. I have 4 kids and they all have activities and I always have a bunch of crap in the car for various reasons. Just looking for input. Oh and BTW, I already know I'm going to get responses about SUV's are gas guzzlers. I know that's a concern but it is not at the top of my list of concerns.

mamax4our

Asked by mamax4our at 12:39 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Shopping

• It just depends on what you want to spend. An SUV and MiniVan thru any like company has a vast price difference. If you don't mind paying more, go for the big SUV, if you want to save a buck go with a mini van.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:46 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I love my Expedition Extra Long it has all the space that I need in something I love to drive. I wouldn't have any other vehicle.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:00 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I would look at safety. I am not certain, but I think that you might find the SUV to be safer.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:35 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I think that SUV's are safer too. But I only think that because you sit up higher than everyone else. I could be wrong.
    mamax4our

Comment by mamax4our (original poster) at 1:39 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Id go with the TAHOE or somethng similar too. I know the Town and Country's are nice but seem too compact for me. If I could trade in my Windstar I would......but cant afford the higher insurance yet!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 2:03 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Have you considered a 15 passenger van? j/k
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 8:15 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I went from a small suv (jeep grand cherokee) to a mini van. It has much more room. I personally love my Town and country! BUT, I only have 1 child, who isn't in school yet, so we're not carting a bunch of stuff or people around yet.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:31 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i have a ford explorer with the third row, i personally love the new tahoes but cannot afford one right now. i wont drive anything but an suv.
    kmjsmommy12345

Answer by kmjsmommy12345 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My sister just bought a SUV with Flex Fuel and loves it! Her gas milage is awesome!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:12 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• We have two Honda Odysseys and I love them. They hold all of our sports gear with room to spare. It's so comfortable with all of us in there. It drives like a car, very smooth ride. The remote sliding doors are the best! They're convenient and I never have to worry about my kids swinging a door out into another car.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2010