What is a good way to ask family members to stop forwarding emails?

Now, I'm not asking if you agree with me telling my family AGAIN that I do not want religious emails. I also do not care if they "think I need to see them" or they "hope they'll change my mind" by sending them. I get quite a few a day especially from my Grandmother about religion. I am Agnostic. They know this. I have asked a few times already to be excluded from the emails. I get tired of the constant emails saying how God will take vengeance on those who don't believe, or the you should be this denomination, jokes about Agnostics, other religions, etc. I would like to know an assertive but polite way to ask family and friends to refrain from sending me emails dealing with any religious material. Thanks in advance.

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 12:39 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Start sending them email about your religon a million times a day.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 12:51 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Or just make a new account, one you'll never really look at, give her/them that email address and call it your, "new address" and say someone hacked your other one. :) Good luck
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 12:47 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Either: block grandmas email, ignore and delete the emails, or be honest and tell her to please stop sending religious mails.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Well I hate to delete them, because half the time they don't say in the title what they are. I get them from my Mom, too. I figure no matter how I say it, they are going to take offense to it. I don't send them emails about Wicca or Agnosticism, or any thing like that, so I don't know why they keep sending me this stuff.
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 12:46 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Sounds like it's time for a new e-mail address. Or you could fwd. them right back to them.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:51 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Tell the truth. If you think that they won't (or feel they can't) stop, then you have the choice to block all their emails. If you don't want to handle it that way, the only thing left to do is delete them.  Is there any way you can tell it's a "Forward?"  Usually it will show up in the "Subject" line, or there will be more than one name in the "To," line. At least that way, you won't have to open them.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 12:53 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yeah, the ones that have it in the title I delete, but a lot of times all it says is FWD or some random title. I don't mind funny stuff, but I can't tell from those titles if it's religious or what it is.
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 12:55 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Sorry. While I was answering, I missed your additional info.  Maybe you should set up a new email account, and give them that new address. Good luck. :)

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 12:56 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Set up another email address and give it to those family members who insist on sending you the stuff. You don't ever have to check it and they are happy thinking that your getting the message. Win-win situation!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:38 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Block them, LOL
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 3:55 AM on Nov. 20, 2010