Real Housewives of Atlanta Fans - I think Kandi is too funny! What is your defination of Boughetto? Is the term harmless slang or insulting?

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 12:52 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have heard that term alot growing up. Boughetto is when you think you are " up to par " with everything ( fashion, cars, just plain style ) but you get the ghetto version of it. For example, you have a Louis Vuitton bag, but the get the version that all the ghetto chicks have (real or not ). The term is not insulting because it can apply to all people. Black people are not the only people that are considered ghetto. When you think that you are fancy, but you do the tackiest crap, that is BOUGHETTO! And that is universal!
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 1:04 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I don't take the term as insulting, I think of it as fancy ghetto like. Does that make sense?
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 12:54 AM on Nov. 20, 2010