Fever for 2 days 10 month old bby please give me advice.

my daughter has had a fever for 2 day shes completly miserable, she cant sleep. Idont know what else to do, i have given her tylenol bby drops and cool baths. please help thaks alot ladies!!!

kristybaby2

Asked by kristybaby2 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How high is the fever? Is she showing any other symptoms of being sick?
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 12:58 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• its 102. and shes go a stuffy nose.
    kristybaby2

Comment by kristybaby2 (original poster) at 1:06 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If it's 102 and it's been two days with no relief, she might need antibiotics. I am not a big fan of them, but if you have tried all of the usual things and nothing is working, it may be time to see the doctor.
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 1:11 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• at that age with nothing helping i have to agree with the pp and say its time to see a doctor.
    the.lilangel

Answer by the.lilangel at 1:13 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Try giving her motrin because its an anti inflammatory and if she is getting an infection from a nasal infection it will bring the fever down faster than Tylenol and reduce inflammation. If its just a cold with a fever you can give infant Tylenol/cold or the pedicare for nasal decongestant but make sure it has fever reducer in it. An old school trick my granny taught was putting vicks vapor rub in a the water of a humidifier and make sure its a smaller room and that will help her nose clear up enough so that she can rest. If you try the medicine for a day or so and she still has the fever and it stays over a 100 take to her doctor.
    nikdj3

Answer by nikdj3 at 1:18 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Ibuprofen.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 1:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I'd take her to the Dr unless you think it's just teething. My DD was teething BAD about a month ago and had a 102 temp for about 24 hours and her nose was a little runny..as soon as a tooth broke thru it stopped then she got 3 teeth in from all that.
    Something that'll help to get her temp down til tomorrow is giving her a bath with a small amount of alcohol in the water or even mix water and alcohol in a bowl and just use a wash cloth. Something about the alcohol draws the fever out. That was the only thing I could do to get her temp down.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• thank u ladies very much!! its nice to hav ppl awake this hour. opinons...do u think she'll be fine through the night?
    kristybaby2

Comment by kristybaby2 (original poster) at 1:30 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I would watch her very carefully. Keep her in her diaper and just a sheet on her for comfort. I would do the Vicks rub as well for her nose. If she is thirsty, I would do water for the night, no milk. Motrin works very well. If no relief by morning, I would be in the first thing smoking to the doctors' office!
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 1:36 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Girl, two days.. I would def take her to the Dr. asap, and if she gets worse tonight go to the ER
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:43 AM on Nov. 24, 2010