My two year old is really aggressive and hits everyone and timeout isnt working.. any suggestion??

mamasboys7

Asked by mamasboys7 at 1:24 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Who is he learning that behavior from? Find that out and remove that source. Prehaps your letting him watch too much t.v that models hitting?
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 1:33 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Its hard to get him to pay attention to anything for more than a min or two but Ill do that.. I don't want him to thank its ok to hit but he's really hurting others when he hits..
    mamasboys7

Comment by mamasboys7 (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• my 2yr old son went around whacking people and things with his plastic bat. After a broken lamp and prob 10 bruises i smacked him with it. He didnt cry but was shocked. I told him, it hurts huh? he has never hit anyone since lol< and PS i found out he thought candy was in the lamp because he went to a bday party that had a pinata lol
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 1:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Do you rough house with him? Maybe "play hit"? Most children cant distinguish between when they can and cant play like that. Just use time outs, and maybe a swat on the diaper... Just be consistant...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My son was hitting for attention. When he didnt think that we were giving him enough attention he would just reach back and smack. To get him to stop hitting we hit him back. Not hard but a soft smack just hard enough to get his attention. He learned that hitting hurt and didnt get anything accomplished except for have an angry mommy and daddy and get blues clues turned off and his train taken away.
    ashes_leigh

Answer by ashes_leigh at 3:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• my son does it only when he gets really excited... but he knows whe he is doing something wrong and make it a point to let him know.... he's not allowed to anyone for any reason and if he does he does get a swat on his butt or hand it is not for any reason... cause once he goes to school i'm not going to be getting calls from his school saying he hit someone... you just have to get down to there level and tell them no that's not nice...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 3:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2010