can a laptop make you lose eggs?

Some girl told me that if you have your laptop on your lap that it can cause issues with you being pregnant and make you lose eggs so you go sterile... Is that true i cant talk to my doctor cause he is a dick and doesnt answer anything for us so we switched and dont meet her tell the next apt. but is it true?

Navymommy1

Asked by Navymommy1 at 1:40 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm glad to hear you switched doctors!
    This girl doesn't sound like she has her facts straight. I suppose there is some minor risk of radioactive wavelengths affecting your eggs, but it would alter DNA, not kill off eggs. The risk is about the same was staring into a microwave. It's pretty minimal. I would ask your doctor, but I wouldn't put too much energy into worrying about this one.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• theyre are studies that it can harm sperm in males but no tests have confirmed that in women
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 3:54 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Ive only read ab out it harming men not women.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:40 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Well if that was true I wouldn't be in my 30th week of pregnancy. I would ask her who told her that because that information is wrong.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 7:24 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If it were true then I wouldnt be pregnant either....
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• yeah i didnt thhink so... I was just making sure... She is one of those ladies that lie about everything and everything is worng with her and all this stuff.. I dont like her at all but it was just wierd that she said that
    Navymommy1

Comment by Navymommy1 (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2010