how did you start dating after a divorce?

I have been single for almost 2 years and have entertained the thought of "dating" but when it comes down to meeting people I dont know where to start and sometimes get cold feet. I was with my ex for 11 years before the nasty divorce. Where did you start? Did you ever go threw the cold feet thing?

Luckybear05

Asked by Luckybear05 at 1:40 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Good morning to answer your question. I was newly divorced after a marriage of 13 years and was working in a stock room where we sent out parts to be plated by another company. I was bored one day and didn't have enough parts to fill a box for shippment so I had to add in cardboard as a filler. On the top one I just wrote Hi hope you have a great day today with a big smiley face. When that shippment came back and I opened it there was a note written on cardboard from them saying hi and thank you for the note it helped brighten up a very boring day. Every time I sent out a shippment I included a note in the box and always got one back. We wrote back and forth like this for 2 years before we actually meet. It helped to really get to know some about the persome who I was talking with in the notes. Long story short we got together and were married for 14 years. now that has ended and I'm with my DH who I meet on the internet
    Elaine1960

Answer by Elaine1960 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• the cold feet thing is normal just take it slow and dont jump in the sack with him too early. let him wait a while,get to know him. if after 2 months he hasnt gotten any sex and he looses interest then he was just chasing the panties thats all. i know 2 months may sound like a long time especially when u are both attracted to each other and spend lots of time together but it sure helps weed out the ones who just wanted to toot it then boot it...
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I started earlier than I expected to. I was at a restaurant/bar with some friends watching the Celtics in the finals last spring and I said something funny and heard a guy behind me also laugh. I turned around and we exchanged a few comments and later he started talking to me more and asked for my number. Been dating him for 5 months now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Nov. 21, 2010