Why is Cafemom content being read and stored by BoardReader?

Cafemom, I'm a little disturbed at finding all my posts, including the #, frequency, links to my profile, etc. being taken from Cafemom by a site called BoardReader. Is this legal? Can you block it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in About CafeMom

• yeah that is disturbing. waiting for the answer too
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 2:57 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• What is boardreader and how do you check it out?
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:58 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• uuugh I just checked it out and it has all of my post and post that I have replied to on there. If you want to check it out go to boardreader.com then type in your cafemom username.
    funmommy123

Answer by funmommy123 at 4:37 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It makes me want to delete all of my post and replies. I thought you had to be a cafemom member to read what's on cafemom.
    funmommy123

Answer by funmommy123 at 4:38 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• yes.. i'm seriously thinking of deleting. i don't share my cafemom activities with ANYONE... why would it be allowed to be shared .

i can't wait for cm to answer this question. i have sent it to them in contacts so they can come to answer but it's the weekend so we'll probably have to wait until monday.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:57 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Sometimes it comes up when you google a question and your answer will come up with your profile name.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Ladies, I just tried this and nothing comes up with my name. I have all my settings set to private and only my friends can see them so maybe you need to check your privacy settings?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Also, if you google your user name while you are logged into Cafemom, it will show up all your posts but if you log out, it will not. It is because the cookies are stored on your computer so they refresh or delete when you log out.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• did search with by profile name
    fiatpax
    nothing came up
    will look to see if a question of mine is on there
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• She is so right i logged off deleted my cookies and typed in my user name and someone elses and it all popped up and when i clikced my picture showed up and my settings are private....i cant see whats on my page but my picture shows up
    honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2010