Criticism

I am so sick of being told your so young to be a mom. I'm 24 I have 2 boys and another on the way.
I am due this summer the Nurse at my obgyn said wow your so young and this is your 3rd child. Would she say wow your so old to some one that was in their forties having a child. We have set up collage funds for our kids I am a SAHM. I do everything for my children and my family. Yet most of the time I catch cr*P from other women because of my age. What would you do if you were constantly bullied.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• I tend to be a smart alec and would ask "when would you rather me have my family, when I'm too old to enjoy them?" I had all three of my children in my earily twenties and I loved it. It helped me balance life. I couldn't have done it as well if I had been older. I think you are a wise woman

Answer by admckenzie at 12:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Let your happy life be your only response to that crap. I personally think it's great that you have a life that you are happy with...Good for you.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 12:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I used to get this crap all the time. I had my son at the age of 20. I didn't think that was too young at all but people used to say "you're too young to have a child this age..." Now that I'm getting older when people say it to me I try to take it as a compliment...as in "you don't seem or look old enough to have a 17 year old". People all have their own opinion and they love to express it. Maybe they really don't mean any harm by it. Some people will say things just to have something to say. Ignore it and feel proud knowing that at your age you know yourself well enough to know what you want and that you are a loving responsible parent.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Don't worry about what people say so much....You know that you a good responsible mother and that is what matters the most..People say that because that is how they feel...Personally I think having a child in your early 20's is young...but I am from the eastcoast and there are other things to do here than have a family...like go out and stuff..
    Anonymous

• ignore the idiots like that :)

come one, if it were the middle ages, you'd have like 10 kids by now :)

you are doing things right from the sound of it, I mean if you are 24 and your kids have college funds you're definitely doing something better than moms who are in their 30s and 40s.

:)

Anonymous

• I would take it as a compliment if I were you. Because when you're kids are in their teens, you will be a young cool mom. don't let what anyone says bother you. I just had my first child and am 30. i wish I started having kids earlier.
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I had my first at 24 and my mother still flipped out when I told her. My sister said she wonders how old we have to be before she stops freaking out about getting pregnant.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Why do you care what other people think..You shouldn't..I had my oldest at 17 years old..

Answer by louise2 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Ignore them! One of my favorite quotes is "the sweetest revenge is success". You just keep doing what you are doing to take care of you and your family and be happy!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I am in my mid 40s and frequently get snotty looks from much younger moms. I have 16 month old g/b twins, 2, 3, 6, 8, 12, 14 and twin 16 year old boys. I am asked all the time how I have the energy to care for my kids properly.  I am in my 40s and run 10 miles a day I am not 100.lol   I am old enough to not care what the little snots think or allow them to ruin my day. You are a young mom and I am not sure what is so offensive about that. Young is a good thing I keep hearing on here. I hear it is better all the time. Don't worry in a few years you will be old like me and someone will criticize you for that. Life is not fair and there are mean people out there. Who cares what others think or say. You can only be offended by it if you choose to be.

CaliforniaJill

Answer by CaliforniaJill at 1:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2008