What would you do if you saw a Mother drinking at the park?

We were at the park today and there were 2 young women there drinking that alcoholic energy drink FOUR. Plus what really caught my attention was the fact that they were drinking it through straws. When I was a teenager we did this because it is supposed to get you drunk faster. Anyways the one was obviously the Mother of 2 children one was a toddler and the other an infant. So I am curious what you would have done.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would probably ask her why she is drinking while caring for kids???? STUPID!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:49 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• nothing. They probably have a high tolerance and do it all the time. They are not my problem. It's fun to talk about other people and how they are doing things wrong cuz you would never do it. But i would never interfere. It's really not my place.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 2:56 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Nothing unless she is obviously inebriated and unable to care for her children then you really are just being nosy by doing anything. Drinking through a straw doesn't get you drunk faster, unless you suck them back faster than you chug. lol. Seriously though, she had a single drink? That isn't going to get her drunk unless she weighs less than 50 lbs. She was with a friend watching her kids and having a single drink. So what? I wouldn't drive with my children after drinking at all, but there is no way to tell if she drove. I walk to the park more often than drive.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 2:58 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If they were having a glass of wine, would you look at it differently? Did they each have one, or were they throwing them back?
    I can see the difference, but a lot of moms have a glass of wine while the other mom is at their house when having a playdate. I know a house is different than the park, but either way, they're in charge of watching their kids. Were they hammered?
    I wouldn't say anything, but I might call the police if they seemed drunk (before they got in their cars with their kids and drove drunk with them).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:18 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• not my buisness .. nothing
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 3:51 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Mind my own business.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:19 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• well, we have a park right behind or house and we will do family BBQ's at the pit there and drink some beer, again, I am not against parents drinking while caring for their kids as long as they arent wasted to the point that tey cant care for them and as long as they arent driving! When I am not poregant me and DH have good frinds over every weekendand have a 12 pack, and BBQ, and the kids play, andguess what, we have 2 cops thatare friedns and are there too! No law against it, and as long as your home is nice an clean and safe, and you are caring for them, it is noons business!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i wouldn;t say anything. its not my business. were they driving to the park? that would concern me but other wise walking wouldn;t make it a big deal and if it was only one.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:06 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I think it was the drink that bothered me since this past week it has been all over the news about these alcoholic energy drinks called FOUR and how having one of those was like having 5 or 6 beers. Then I watched that show last night "What Would You Do" and it got me thinking. I just hope they had someone to give them a ride home because I could tell they were drunk.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I see what you mean, if they werent close to home! But you could have askd them if they needed a ride! Whatever eased your mind! You are a good person for caring :)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2010