Should I ask my doctor to put me on a dierectic,for high blood pressure?

When I first took LINSINOPRIL it gave me a dierectic feel,but soon I started to gain weight from retaining water.This was like 20 mg. and it was helping my blood pressure.Then she put me on something else.Shouldn't she know what she's doing,or should I tell her?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 12:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Health

• Are you on a low sodium diet? That's what helped me more than anything.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I ment to say the LINSINPRIL didn't work for me then she had to add EXFORGE,which greatly or the combination of both helped mefrom a 179 to a 144 in 2 weeks.Still she wants me to go lowwer and is thinking of adding another pill in 3 months.I'm scared at this point,because I can breathe so deep and I'm not used to that.My lungs feel light as air and Idon't know if that's good?I get creeped out easily..lol!I have started watching my salt intake and I know it is one of the reasons for the HBP.I eat alot of meat and I didn't know the butchers inject salt into them,which is really scary for me because I need to eat meat for a illness I have.I couldn't eat pizza the other day,or did I want coke or soda,I have to watch the caffine in coffee and teas too.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 1:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• When I wrote this post,I was going to see my doctor today and I was concerned with the sudden weight gain from these pills.I started at 258 pnds. and on the pills for 2 weeks I was 266!I was scared to death,it did swell me up and made me retain water.Now,I'm back to 257pnds.So what a relief that is,I'm glad it's nothing serious.Still having to take a pill everyday,is a pain,and you can't miss a dose.I hope none of you get this,it's terrible.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 1:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Low sodium low fat diet is you want to do to lose weight and not retain water.
    Anonymous

• The problem is,I have to eat a high fat diet,for Hypoglycemia,if I had the money I'd eat more healthy fats,like cheese and avocados.But,I will definetly take this in consideration,because I hate the feeling I'm shortening my life for no good reason!
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 12:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2008