CALLING ALL LIBERAL MAMAS!!

Ok ladies so i am a pretty conservative person but i would like to broaden my horizons :) what are some good political (non-fiction) books that you would recommend...would like something that explains the "left" point of you with a lot of detail...or any recommendation would be great but, again looking for liberal themed books THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am fairly Liberal but read all kinds of books, Have you read With God on Our Side, Thr Rise of the Religious Right, It is a very candid look at the political machine of a quest for power. It put into words many of the reasons I distrust the far right conservatives
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 8:01 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I recommend "How to talk to a liberal (if you must)
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:10 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I am very liberal, but I also like to know what the other end of the spectrum thinks and how they feel on important issues. So, I would never choose a book by Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck, or Rush Limbaugh. I wouldn't get any true feelings, only hatred and fear mongering. I very much respect everyones feelings and beliefs. I would actually like to read George W. Bush's book and plan on it as soon as my library gets it.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:47 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I don't know that there is a book like that. What would you like to know?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:58 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I just have to give you a high five (and a bump) for wanting to expand your knowledge. If someone is going to debate, it's best to know both sides of the story. Learning both spectrums also helps people understand others better, which is always right on. Here's a couple good books...

http://www.evolvefish.com/fish/product986.html

And this is a GREAT book for both sides, although some conservatives might say it's not...

http://www.amazon.com/Anti-Federalist-Constitutional-Convention-Debates-Classics/dp/0451528840/ref=cm_lmf_tit_4

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:03 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• You should check out Obamas Dreams of my Father if you havn't already
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• http://evolvefish.com/fish/TLS-books.html is a great site for liberal books!

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I consider myself liberal but my views are across the board. I'm interested in seeing these book suggestions.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I 2nd the book Dreams of my father. Very good book. I read books from con.rep as well. I like to see where the other side is coming from. Plus, I would never bash someone for their feelings or opinions. I will point out the failed logic, hypocrisy in it though...never bash.

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• How about Libertarianism ... they used to be called "classic liberals" and is a truly liberty-loving philosophy. I know many people who call themselves "liberal" who are libertarians. Some books to check out would be "Good to be King" by Michael Badnarik. "Libertarianism: A Primer" by David Boaz, and may also suggest some fictional reading that rings true ... "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand. You should also check out the Libertarian Moms group on Cafemom.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2010