Rubbish fathers

My kids have the same dad, we finished when the youngest was few months old bcuz i felt he was rubbish dad he prefered to b on his PS2 on laptop then do owt with us.. he took my daughter at weekends instantly although she was less then 2yo.. my son is now 4yo n has only slept at his dads 4nights!!! he says there is no room for my son, well how is there room for my daughter? he lives in a houseshare, BUT wen we finished i left him in the 3bed house he chose to move to a houseshare knowin he had kids so i dont sympathise with him at all.. i think the way he is different with our kids is terrible, my son tbh doesnt actually care he sees my bf as his daddy cares more where he is and when he'l b around.

snugl.buniez

Asked by snugl.buniez at 5:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'd be concerned for the daughter right now. I wonder if its a good idea to put down the Dad in front of the son. No matter what his false are, the ex-husband is still his dad. If they work it out in the years ahead, you don't want the son resenting you for what you said. I've seen it always backfire on the mom. You don't have to say wonderful things, but better to leave your negative thoughts for friends and Us. What do you think? As far as with your daughter.... as he always been close to her? And if he's always on the computer, where is she? And just what is he looking at on the computer? Could be nothing. Don't want to worry you. Just wonder.....I pray the Lord Will protect you and your children. Oh, what was the question you were asking anyway? Kind of got lost there for a moment. Sorry... Hope some of this helps..

Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 5:29 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• he plays stupid games, mainly 'LOD', i duno what hes like when she is at his house but lately she is complaining about going sayin its boring. i dont dis him to the kids, ive always said he can do it his own way my son wil grow up and see for his-self wat his dad has been like. i do try and force the dad to take both kids at the same time but he usually returns my son after a few hours. QUESTION- how can i make him be a dad to both.xx
    snugl.buniez

Comment by snugl.buniez (original poster) at 5:44 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Are you sure your daughter is safe with him? It is a red flag to me that he only wants to be with the daughter. I hope I am not overreacting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:53 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• iv always wondered about it, but he does live with his gf, n i luv her to bits so does my daughter,, its her i contact not the dad..
    snugl.buniez

Comment by snugl.buniez (original poster) at 5:55 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yeah I actually know a mother like that. Women aren't exactly saints, either. Good thing those kids have a good dad.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:59 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• all i can say is carry on the healthiest way you see fit for your children and pay no attention to him at all....if he doesn't "have room for your son" then maybe it is best that way....i was also concerned when you said he would take your daughter though....but after reading about your feelings toward his gf, i think i would feel more comfortable....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 7:18 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• try to talk to him about how you feel if that doesnt work than go to court about him there maybe more than you know going on!
    jewelbuglover

Answer by jewelbuglover at 6:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2010