Crickets

This is weird but it has caused me to lose sleep and be paranoid. I live with my SOs parents and my room is in the basement and lately we have been invaded by crickets. Well not really invaded, I usually see at least one a day either in the room or bathroom .I grew up playing with them so I'm not really scared of them and I used to not be bothered by them. Over the past month or so they have been getting in bed with me and I'm not sure why. I woke up with one sitting on my pillow staring at me and I woke up a few times and found them squished underneath me. Last night I woke up with one tangled up in my hair and I have had enough. I can't sleep well at night because I feel like something is always crawling on me when its not because I'm so paranoid. For some reason they are always around my face. Does anyone know why they would do this or how I could get rid of them. I really hate killing things so I would like to find an alternative. What I'm mainly curious about is why they are getting in bed with me. I googled it and didn't have much luck.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Health

• well when i lived back home with my mom and dad what i did got some insect repellent that you can put inside and out side. but it all around the outside base of the house and around any of the basement windows! and then you will still have to kill the remaining ones in the house.. this worked for me hope it works for you. weird the are getting so close to you. never had them in bed with me. they like cool damp dark places. good luck!!!
    BetsyBoop2003

Answer by BetsyBoop2003 at 8:14 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yuk. They are probably getting in bed with you because you are warm and they are cold. Is your bed elevated off the floor or are you just sleeping on a mattress? I'd think it be hard for them to jump up on a high bed. Also, you can buy mosquito netting to go around your bed. That'd make it harder for them to get in.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 3:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• eww, theyre cold maybe idk but gl
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2010