Dog poo

Yesterday my son was playing outside and my BF was piddling around the yard. He found some dog poo and used my little boys shovel that he had been playing with to scoop it up and throw it in the woods. Then he put it back down for my little boy to play with!!! This made me so angry!!! I told my son not to touch it and ranted for at least an hour about all the reasons that was gross and wrong. Then my grand mother called and I ranted about it to her. She agreed that it was gross but told me it wasn't the end of the world. My BF has always been good to my son and I know he wouldn't purposely do anything to harm him but this has me deeply concerned. Am I over reacting? Why do men not think of things like we do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes that was a dumb thing for your bf to do but let it go....doesn't sound like he was intentionally trying to do any harm
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:09 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• While it was gross and wrong, your ranting about it for an hour was way over the top. Your grandmother was right. It's not the end of the world.
    Men's brains are wired differently, they don't always think of the things we do, but I find if you just let them know gently of their errors, they won't do it again. If you rant for an hour over something, they most likely have tuned you out and might possibly do it again because well, you just really ticked him off.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:08 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Thank your bf for cleaning it up. He could have left it there for your son to fall in or play in. If you have a thing about the proper poo cleaning process you should do it everyday as soon as your dog goes outside and do dos.
    you are over the top.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:34 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i would have called my dh a dumb ass lol but i would've washed the shovel off and then give it back to my kid
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• wow! It really isnt that big of a deal, all you had to do was ask him to wash it off in the hose!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 20, 2010