Is this normal?

I'm 15wks pregnant and it's my second pregnancy. I love my son to death and when I was pregnant with him I was really excited. I didn't have morning sickness with him long and I didn't have any problems until the end and he was born 3wks early but everything ended up okay. With this one I'm not as excited and I feel a lot more nervous. Child birth with my first was really easy I had an epidural and didn't feel anything until after. I'm worried this won't go as smooth. I have also been sick 24/7 throwing up almost everything I eat. I have constant head aches, I can't sleep, even the smell of my perfume or shampoo makes me sick. This time I feel like I'm just waiting. I haven't had any family support this time and I'm worried about how I will get all the things I need to get ready for a new baby and I get upset thinking about them not coming to see me in the hospital and stuff. My spouse is very supportive but most of the time I find him more annoying than anything. He says I have changed and I'm really moody and sometimes I get grumpy for no reason. I don't know whats going on and why I'm not the same person I was before I got pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I felt very similar during my 2nd pregnancy. I think it it primarily hormones and stress. I also think that after the first baby, you're more aware of all the "could go wrongs" and this heightens that whole overactive imagination we all have that leads us to worry about everything. I'm sure somewhere in your mind, you were worried about all the same things the first time around but you had the luxury of having time to focus on the coming baby and all the preparations. It's harder to have a steady focus when there's a little person who also wants your attention. Try to relax as much as possible. Everything will fall into place. I'm on my third pregnancy now and I can tell you that in my experience, the initial excitement isn't always the same as the first, but everyone was still just as excited when baby #2 was born and I wasn't alone at the hospital with her (well, ok, I was for 1 day but that was due to a blizzard.) =)
    Abilyn

Answer by Abilyn at 8:45 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I would say yes, it is some what normal. Usually your first pregnancy is sunshine and butterflies. Everyone is excited and floating on a cloud. I'm sure that the fact that your first one had fewer symptoms is reason enough for you to be miserable with this one, but every pregnancy is different. As for your spouse.. HELLO DUDE!! She's pregnant!! lol The hormones are flaring and of course your moody. I am willing to bet your moodiness will get a lot better once you get some of your energy back. Why don't you try this.. Your 15 weeks right now. Try your absolute hardest to not talk or plan anything for the baby for a solid month.. This will put you at the 19 week mark.. almost halfway through. I think right now your THINKING way too much and it's causing you more harm than good. A child, no matter if it's your 1st, 2nd, 3rd is something to really be excited about, but of course the stress is going to accompany it
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Relax: it is hormones and stress. Talk to your doctor and they may be able to help you and be happy that you are having a baby.
    Tina
    tina454542

Answer by tina454542 at 8:29 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Take a breath, and don't expect yourself to feel the same way you did before. It sound like hormones to me. You may feel different in a few weeks. For the first you have stars in your eyes. This time you know all the work that will be involved. Treat yourself as the special person you are. Take a bubble bath, read a good book, watch a movie. And relax.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I will tell you if your stressing about it, and freaking out already then it might not go so well. I freaked out with both my kids the last 12 weeks were hell for me last time, and this time I've started freaking out already too. I guess it's just a part of who I am, but if you can try to relax I hope you can.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 11:31 AM on Nov. 20, 2010