Ever had someone ridicule you..but in a "nice" way? lol

Yesterday was my 3rd wedding anniversary with the hubby..and I posted a status about it on Facebook. His stupid brother (as you can tell I'm not too crazy about him) posted "Wow..only 3 years of marriage and soon to be 4 kids..busy bees..Congrats" Seriously? Why cant he just say Happy Anniversary like everyone else did? My husband and I have been together for 8 years...didn't marry until 3 years ago because we felt that it just wasn't time. Pardon us for not being old fashion. We have 2 children and are expecting twins and couldn't be happier about it. I wanted to write back some smart ass comment but decided it wasn't worth it. Just wondering if anyone else would think this is rude for someone to post something like that publicly? Maybe it's my pregnant over sensitive hormones or something lol But it really got under my skin lol Have you ever had someone do that to you?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 8:40 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I sorry he was so insensitive. He may have meant to be sarcastic, or maybe he was just thinking that was cool! I would treat it as if he meant it as a compliment. Does he treat your children well. Does he have any? I would post something like. Since we waited to get married, we feel blessed that our children came along so quickly. Wevalue our families support. Something like that. Make sure it doesn't sound snippy. Best to think the best of him.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I'd just delete the comment and igmore it. Maybe he is jealous because he can't have kids with his wife.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If your brother-in-law weren't a general jerk, I'm sure you would have laughed-off the comment. However, because you know his intention, and his general feelings toward you, you're likely right to assume it was a form of mixed mockery. Just delete the comment, and have your husband tell him you two didn't appreciate the tone. He'll get the message :)
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 8:47 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I think you're being a bit too sensitive. I get teased about stuff all the time, and I dish it right back.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 8:48 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yep my MIL does it all the time.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If he wasn't generally an idiot, you'd probably just shrug it off. I have people like this in my life & unless you want to get into a big thing, just try to let it go. It is pretty rude & obnoxious!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 9:13 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• @sweetluci... I have really only met his brother one time in person. He lives out of the country and works as a contractor overseas. Last time he saw our first born (shes 4) was when she was 8 months old. Him and his wife do not have any children because she is unable to get pregnant, but he does have a son that he ran off on when he was born. If I had to guess he is probably 9 years old by now.
    Ctink8189

Comment by Ctink8189 (original poster) at 8:56 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I didn't see it as anything I'd get upset over.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:59 AM on Nov. 20, 2010