getting odor out of carpet

How can i get odor out of my carpet. My dog had an accident on it last night and it by no means smells the house but i know if you were sitting on the floor you could probalbly smell it. I have a steam cleaner. Does anyone know of a good mixture to use. I am not impressed with the kind that i buy at the store for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I would like to know the same thing? I tryed the viniger and water mix..Didnt work. I am afraid that it's prob. runined?
    Anonymous

• I know Rug Doctor sells something that you add into the mixture on the steam cleaner. It's for pet odors and stains. It should be right by where you buy the regular shampoo and the rug doctor machines. We use it when we steam clean and it really works!
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Clorox color safe bleach works well if you didn't have good results with the vinegar/baking soda combo. and you can use it in a steam cleaner, just add the water first so you don't get the bubbles.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 10:49 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I always use the rug doctor and mix tide laundry soap with oxyclean and a little bit of dish soap.. it is excellent..
    akbogan

Answer by akbogan at 6:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2008