Have you ever met a woman who only talks about her kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, I've met many people over the years that think their kids are the center of EVERYONE'S universe. I get that these people adore their kids, but I adore MY children, not theirs.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yep, and I can't stand to be around her for more than 15 minutes. I talk about my children, but I have a lot of other interests as well. I feel bad for her husband, she won't even go on an occasional date night with him because she won't leave the kids with a sitter. I don't expect them to be married much longer.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I am sorry that you guys feel that way! Honestly I talk about my kids, my husband, the army, and my home and that is about it! I take pride in my home and my family, and my environment! I have no shame is talking about my childen and my home!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:44 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i'm probably one of those women who only talks about her kids. that's because i have no hobbies or anything that doesn't include my family.
    Michelle451

Answer by Michelle451 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• They are safe subjects to some women they don't have to feel like they are putting anyone down this way.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• For some people they just don't have anything else.  When you're a SAHM and all you do is deal with kids all day what else is there to talk about?

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I hate being around the moms who constantly baby talk to their babies and act like nobody is around like at the laundry mat there is always this one young mom who talks out loud to her baby about everything while the baby crawls around in this baby like way ...people like that are annoying
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2010