Do you think if today's culture existed during the Revolutionary war?

We would be free from England?

Or would we be "safely" paying taxes without representation?

Would we have stood up for our rights?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 9:51 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Some of us would have but there are way to many passive, submissive people today. The younger generations are basically clueless with a few exceptions.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:35 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Would we have stood up for our rights?

...........................................................................

I can see from of the Answers here on CM people will give up their freedoms, thinking they will be safe.
    ..........................................................................
    I'm willing to fight
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:45 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If today's culture existed in Colonial Times, we WOULD NOT be the United States of America...the entire country would be "NEW ENGLAND" not just those 6 little states in the Northeast (from which I hail!)! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:15 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I think the founding fathers are spinning in their graves............that's what I think!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• We would be arguing about how to get on our aluminium aeroplanes, and whinging about what a pain in the arse it all was. There's also a 50/50 chance we'd all be Canadian, or they'd all be American, since we'd have all been under the same rule for so long. No chance in hell we'd be 50 states, though. Marginal chance we'd be an apartheid ridden little pocket in the NE corner of the continent, discriminating against the actual inhabitants of the rest of the giant expanse of North and Central America, who in the meantime would've either subdivided into Africa-like nations or been subjugated by the French or Spanish.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2010