my baby has a cough

So my 5 mo old has had a little cold for almost a week now. No fever just sneezes now and then and has a little cough and a runny nose but the the runny is all clear no mucus. but this morning his cough is a little rough like he has some flem in there and he keeps clearing his throat still no fever. Do you think I should take him to the Dr.? or do anything or give him anything? and it doesn't seem to bother him at all he seems to feel just fine.

CarlieJS

Asked by CarlieJS at 10:02 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it isn't bothering him I wouldn't take him in. The dr will probably just tell you it's a cold and send you home anyway. Just make sure he's drinking enough and if he gets a temp or seems uncomfortable I'd give him some tylenol.
    Hausermom

Answer by Hausermom at 10:04 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• ok thanks that is what I thought and why I have not taken him in yet after almost a week. I just thought it would be gone by now. and today it seems worse to me but still not really bothering him.
    CarlieJS

Comment by CarlieJS (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• we've gone through lots of colds with our 3 kids - sometimes the cough can last as much as a month! Hang in there, it'll get better.
    Hausermom

Answer by Hausermom at 10:09 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• sometimes this can be a sign of teething.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:38 AM on Nov. 24, 2010