Help!!! 2 yr old son is curious about his poop!!!

twice now my son has taken off his pull-up and decorated the walls with his poop. Just now he took off his big boy underwear and messed with his poop & made a mess. We started potty training him about three to four weeks ago and he does very well to use the potty 99% of the time, he even tells us when he has to potty he has no accidents with me- just at daycare he has a few here and there.
Any suggestions? Each time I have had to spank him with more sting behind it then I like, but he needs to know we are serious about doing that. On the other hand if he is still doing it then spanking isn't working and I do not want to keep doing it. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Did he poop in his big boy undies? When our son did that we threw them away and he was so upset that we threw away his buzz lightyear undies that he didn't poop in them ever again!
    Hausermom

Answer by Hausermom at 10:05 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Sadly enough this is just a phase that alot of kids go through. My daughter had quite a few poop parties herself and we started making her help us clean it up when she would do it. She hated that! Also after the 3rd occurence we started throwing away her toys that she smeared poop on and we told her that they would not be replaced.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• thank goddness my kisd arent the only ones!!!! i promise its just a phase my 1st did it for a few weeks.. my 2nd its going on 6 months.... hope you find something that works for you.. i just figured out his poop times and watched him like a hawk and as soon as he started taking it off i got to him first!!
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 10:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• MAYBE YOU SHOULD BUY BROWN PAINT AND OTHER COLORS. BUT TELL HIM IF HE WANTS TO PAINT THE WALLS THAT IS A NO NO. AND THAT HE COULD PAINT ON A PIECE OF PAPER WITH YOUR ASSITANCE OF COURSE.
    obenblue

Answer by obenblue at 10:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Oh my goodness, thank all of you, I am happy he isn't the only one! It is a good thing I buy fleece fabric by the yard so his floor is covered constantly. we did throw his motorcycle away...forgot to mention that. At first I just cleaned his toys but I think that i will throw the ones that get dirty away from now and see if it works. thanks again!! Happy Holidays!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Make sure you tell him that you will now throw away any toys he messes up so he has the warning. GL
    Anonymous

• does he play with play doe. I know that was an issue for potty training brayden. We ultimatly had to stick with the big boy underwear and safety pin them together to keep him from playing with his poo. But after two weeks and no more safety pins he stopped.
    ashes_leigh

Answer by ashes_leigh at 3:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• my daugter went thru a phase where she would poop in her basket of durty clothes
    Anonymous