In you city/state...

have they implemented that automatic red light cameras?

How long have you had them in your town?

If you've been caught by one, is there anyway to get out of that ticket?

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:05 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• oh yeah, and hubby was caught red handed. I even pulled up the video and he just cruised through. The ticket came in my mane, cause it was my car , and I called just to buy us time because I didn't have the $125.00. the lady said because eI wasn't the one who was driving, shed delete it. I told her I knew who was but they never sent us a ticket in his name. I know a lot of people who have gotten tickets and it wasn't even their car , or they were turning right, or they were turning left on a green but the light went to yellow ( all legal in Wa) The $ money from these tickets is all going to the same company in AZ. Your city only get gets $40 from each ticket.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• We've had them for about a year. Never ran a light, so never got a ticket. Check with a lawyer.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:06 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• In you city/state...
    have they implemented that automatic red light cameras? yes
    How long have you had them in your town? A few years

If you've been caught by one, is there anyway to get out of that ticket?Never ran a red light, you should ever get out of a ticket like that!! You did it, now pay the price! If youre lucky enough to have no one hurt!!! Too many people die or are injured from red light runners!!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• stopped in the boxed area Beyond the line, into the intersection and blocking the flow of traffic (AKA causing grid lock), is this what you are referring to? Pretty common knowledge that if traffic is slow, you do not enter the intersection, even on a green light, IF you can not safely clear that intersection.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Question to camera---Where were you on the day of January 20, 2010?! Don't play games with me foo!!! *slap*
    Scarlet_Delilah

Answer by Scarlet_Delilah at 12:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It's always been my understanding that if they don't get you for running a red light, they might still get you for blocking the intersection. He can always go to court and try to get out of it though, and maybe he would just get traffic school instead of paying the ticket. Depends on the laws in your area.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:30 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• We just got them in Colorado and NO YOU CAN"T FIGHT ANY TICKET HERE! the cop is always right, even if caught lying. Happen to us!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:43 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If they don't offer an optional court date on the ticket itself, then he might just have to pay it. That sounds different than it is in our area. Here they put the dollar amount of the citation on the ticket and an optional court date if you want to ask for traffic school or try to get out of it. Chances are they'll say you violated it either way, but if you don't have previous moving violations, they may offer Defensive Driving School to either lower points against your driver's license or in some cases completely fulfill the citation instead of paying the fine. Accepting DDS instead of paying the ticket is less expensive and also better for auto insurance, because most insurance plans will raise your rates until you've gone a certain amount of time with no violations.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• wow - skeptisch_girl.gif gskeptisch image by bibu09

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• We had them in a previous cities where we lived. None of us (4 licensed drivers) have ever been taught. I understand the photos are very high quality- including the details of the clothing worn-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:12 AM on Nov. 20, 2010