My husband wanted to join cm

He tried twice and both of his accounts were deleted. The second account he even said he was female but when he posted a question asking why his first account was deleted for being a male, his question was then deleted followed by his account.
He's a very good daddy and always has more questions for the doctors, lactation consultants and wic moderators than I ever do.

slowyourrole

Asked by slowyourrole at 10:05 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• what's your question?
    Hausermom

Answer by Hausermom at 10:06 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Maybe he should start up a cafedad?
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:07 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Hauser- Sorry, he wants know why he can't have an account. lol He likes the community. He sits on his computer, next to mine and reads my questions, answers and posts and wants to be a part of it.
    Spottedpony- He said he'd consider it, but it would take a lot of time for it to become a large community, if it ever did.
    slowyourrole

Comment by slowyourrole (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• if he wants to be on cafemom he better get a sex change. he's not a mom, he's a dad. There is a similar online community for dads.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:12 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• The rules state women or moms only. I don't have a problem with men being on this site as long as they don't become trolls like some moms do.

I think that the thought is that women won't be as open to asking the questions they do if men are also seeing what they are typing.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• He also feels hurt because of the sex discrimination and he is supportive of womens rights but this is reversing it. All he wanted to do was brag about his new baby boy, ask questions, and get support. he didnt like any of the daddy forums he found. and felt this place was the nicest and liked the attitude of everyone
    slowyourrole

Comment by slowyourrole (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• And he was able to create an account posing as a woman(after his real account was deleted) in order to ask why he was deleted, so im sure there are many men who are posing as women on this website, but isnt it better to be truthful then to lie about who you are? especially when it comes to being open about your questions
    slowyourrole

Comment by slowyourrole (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• its not sex discrimination...this is a site for moms! there are many parenting communities for moms and dads out there which are similar to cafemom. If he doesnt like the way some of the other sites are running perhaps he can step in and make a difference. I agree with jademom. If dads joined, even if they are the real deal, moms might not be as open. If there is a medical question about their vagina, I bet many dads would reply "I dont want to read about that! that's gross"....know what i mean?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i'm sorry, but your dh needs to find a daddy forum. this site is for women. that's why so many moms love it.
    Michelle451

Answer by Michelle451 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• After Giving it much thought he agrees that maybe it is best for this community to stay Mom only, because of Owl Feather;s comment. He gives his best wishes, and dint mean any harm perhaps any of you know a great forum that dads are welcome at?
    slowyourrole

Comment by slowyourrole (original poster) at 10:29 AM on Nov. 20, 2010