can i get them to change?

So I came from my doc yesterday and while I was being monitered I was having alot of strong braxton hicks contractions. It looked like I was really in labor except I wasn't dialating. I am still having them so my question is, if I walk alot and do alot of stuff will they turn into real labor contractions? I am 37 weeks by the way.

symle456

Asked by symle456 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's possible, but really labor will start when the baby's ready to come and nothing will change that by too much. However, I remember being that pregnant and if it were me I'd be out walking my butt off trying to change them into the real thing! Good luck!
    Hausermom

Answer by Hausermom at 10:08 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• They could, but I was always told that walking is so that your cervix will open up, which is actually what you want.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 11:10 AM on Nov. 20, 2010