sometimes i feel like the only one.

that dosent buy their children every toy they want, i think my boys have more than enough toys already. blocks cars armymen and other misc. toys. i know from past experience that most of the toys they get from other ppl wither get torn up or lost or the kids wont play with them after 3 months.. so why buy them? i know ppl that have 3 whole rooms full of toys for 1 little girl.. really? what happened to using you imagination and making things into what you need? i guess im just really old fashioned. we dont have any game systems and most likley never will, i bought a leapster for my 4 year old last year, and he didnt want it. so there it sits, un used...we stick with the basics i guess, crayons playdoh cars blocks.... and thanks to tv and other moms I feel like a bad mom..

2boysmommy.js

Asked by 2boysmommy.js at 10:12 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I know exactly where you are coming from. I think the same way. That being said, I have decided that electronics are an important educational tool. Not only to learn from but to learn how. Kids without electronic experience can be at a real disadvantage career, educationally and socially. Just as I want LO to know culture I want them to be familiar and user friendly with electronics.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:18 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i agree with that thats one reason we bought the leapster but it dosent intrest him now.. and i might change my tune when hes a little older and asks for a system or something.. but i dont see why or how ppl ahve like 5-6 or more gaming systems and such.. or a cell phone at age 5.. plus he is good with electronics without having one of his own.. knows how to use our phones and tv's and stuff..
    2boysmommy.js

Comment by 2boysmommy.js (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Our kids have a lot of toys, but they use their imaginations too. There can be a happy mix. We don't buy them everything they want and they're certainly not spoiled brats, but they do get toys at Christmas and on their birthdays.
    Azure

Answer by Azure at 10:35 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• lol im not saying our kids dont get toys on holidays and stuff i just dont see how a child can play where their room is packed with toys and the living room too.. or they ahve 35 different dolls or whatever.. and an iphone and a ds and a wii and and and...
    2boysmommy.js

Comment by 2boysmommy.js (original poster) at 10:39 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i dont buy them everything either. i actually find it ridiculous that people spend 300+ on one kid for Christmas or birthday, especially if the kid is young. This year i spent a TOTAL of $150 for Christmas for all 3 of my girls combined. And everyone is getting atleast 4 things from us, which is fine considering all of the other family who will also be getting them stuff. i see it totally unnecessary to spend large amounts of money on children, especially when playing with wooden spoons and plastic cups is more fun for them (ive caught my kids doing that several times, while they're real toys sit in the toybox)

as for having too too much, we do too. id love to donate all of it, but most of it has to be handed down to the next. so my oldest and i weed thru her stuff that she doesnt want anymore, some i give to her sisters and the rest i donate.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Our kids have very nice rooms, and many toys, and are taught to take cre of them! Maybe your gulit is your problem!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• wow what a bitchy thing to say..
    2boysmommy.js

Comment by 2boysmommy.js (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• dont let it get to you. if you read most of her responses she has this holier than thou attitude about everything. shes just a stupid bitch who thinks her shit don't stink.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• lol....its just crazyness. i know my kids have more than ehough toys. but tv and other moms think otherwise
    2boysmommy.js

Comment by 2boysmommy.js (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• so im a itch b/c i am capable of teaching my kids to take carof their things! Hey ANON , how about you take your sorry ass on somewhere and actually try to be a good mom insted of sitting on CM while your house is a wreck. and your kids are unsupervised!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2010