yay! my 23 month old just showed her first sign of potty training readiness!!!!

ok this is not a question, just a brag =)

im so proud of my 23 month old, she said "uh oh, i poop" and sure enough she had a dirty diaper! it may have been after the fact but im proud that she recognized it and told me! soon i can start working with her on the potty, and will have only one left in diapers lol YAY!!

has your little one done anything awesome lately?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, my 16month old just started to pull off his diaper and point to the potty and sits on it. NOTHING YET, BUT I BELIEVE IT WILL HAPPEN SOON.
    obenblue

Answer by obenblue at 10:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• yes my little one has said poop and then i put her on the potty and then she pooped. she is 20months. she did it three or four times now. at first we would change her diaper and nothing was there but then we would put a new diaper and a few minutes later she would say poop. she hasn't really peed too much on the potty. i read poop usually comes first. its a great thing. congrats to you and your daughter.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:21 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• aww congrats. Mine is still being stubborn but im still working on him
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 12:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My DD is 18 months old, and she is starting to show signs of readiness. She can tell you poop and pee, after the fact.. We are hopig to start potty training in January.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My little guys favorite thing to do is put his shoes on by himself and the correct foot too and put on his jacket when you tell him its time to go. He is 27 months
    ashes_leigh

Answer by ashes_leigh at 3:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• my 24 month old granddaughter has potty training down except for the poop. She still thinks that she is supposed to poop into her pull up.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2010