Question for those against the new TSA pat downs

Were you also for or against the Arizona immigration law? I mean more specifically the part where a cop could stop you while you were walking down the street and ask you for ID.

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 10:18 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I support the Arizona illegal immigration law (aka the FEDERAL illegal immigration law!), because I am a natural born citizen of this country, and those who are guilty of ILLEGALLY entering this country SHOULD be deported!

Under the TSA rules, you are no longer considered innocent, as EVERYONE is assumed to be guilty of criminal intent by merely purchasing a plane ticket!!

You're trying REALLY hard ot compare apples to oranges, and it's simply not working.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:37 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• They could not stop you for no reason. The TSA pat downs are invasion of privacy.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:26 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Well, that just shows you didn't read the law. It specifically stated that the police officer had to be "lawfully engaged" with a person before requesting ID.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:26 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If you are breaking the law than a cop should come up to you!!

TSA pat down is a invasion of privacy USED to force you to go though the X-Ray machines, because someone is making money selling them.

And you are a fool to think they are keep us safe.

I can see a frog boiling and they don't even know it.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:38 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• No I am trying to figure out which rights you wish to stand up for since you claim the TSA is violating our rights...yet you claim the AZ law doesn't.

***
    The AZ law DOES NOT violate the rights of LEGAL CITIZENS!! If you have a state issued driver's license you are already "carrying papers!" If a cop wants to see my driver's license, no problem...I am a LAW ABIDING citizen, and have nothing to fear!

If a TSA wants to see my privates, for no other reason than my name popping up on some computer generated algorithm, THEN I have a problem!!

The Fourth Amendment:
    "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It never ceases to amaze me how many rights and freedoms the american people are willing to give up in the name of "safety". Another 10 years we won't even recognize this country. Enjoy the safety when you can't even do anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• You go ahead and be totally for it. The terrorists are working beyond planes and laughing at us.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:37 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It does violate your rights since you as a legal citizen are not supposed to have to produce papers like that to prove your citizenship.

You feel free to explain that to the next cop who pulls you over or the next cashier who asks you for ID to sell you alcohol.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:29 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Once again, the urge to type slowly is overwhelming. You show ID to get on a plane. You show ID if you get pulled over. You show ID for some credit card purchases.

None of these things require a visual of my child's naked ass. The government does not have a right to ask to see my naked ass, or my little girl's.
    Period.
    Now, if the AZ bill required illegals to show the government their naked bottoms, then yes, I could see your point. It simply requires a person lawfully detained by a police officer to produce ID. Oh, wait. I have to do that anyway.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:38 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• No the AZ law was written that anyone who appears to be breaking the law can be asked for ID.

I am typing this SLLLOOOOWWWWLLLYYY. The law already is in place for someone who APPEARS to be breaking the law to be asked for I.D. How is it even REMOTELY possible that you do not know this???
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:51 AM on Nov. 20, 2010