should i go to the ER?

im 18weeks and 5days. ive only been up since 9:30am its a lil after 10 now and i just had two painful braxton hicks contractions. i couldnt move and wanted to cry. i have a doctors appointment monday. i do have a lil gas but i dont usually cramp up when i have to fart or burp. i dont usually get morning sickness if i lay in the bed a lil after i wake up and 10min after i got up i got super nauseous. i dont know what to do? could this be preterm labor or miscarriage?

shan02

Asked by shan02 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'd call the doc asap - definitely. I don't think an ER visit is needed quite yet, but yes if the contractions are painful that is of concern. You're not having any bleeding at all? Good luck mama... :(
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Call your Dr. Anytime you have doubts, call your Dr. They should always be available to you.
    Drink some water and go lay down on your left side with your head and shoulders elevated until he/she calls you back. If it gets worse and it hurts that bad I would go..but maybe you just have to go you know...#2
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:27 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I would call the doctor it might be the baby is laying the wrong way. I did even get a hernia carring one of the girls. so get checked out if in doubt that is what they are there for and when pregant no question is dumb to ask if not sure. my doctor always had someone on call. Keep me informed please. Take care.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 10:36 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• u should call ur drs emergency line and see what they say and if they dnt have one then just go its better to be safe then sorry...
    mommy_o_4

Answer by mommy_o_4 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I mean I know it's Saturday but does your doc have an after-hours exchange?
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i dont have any bleeding and i already went #2 this morning. it always seem to get bad after i #2. ive been having to a lot lately. i will definately call my doctor asap. thanks ladies :)
    shan02

Comment by shan02 (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It is definitely worth calling the advice line about, if there is one for your provider or hospital. Braxton hicks really shouldnt be THAT painful to where you can't move. Good luck girl I hope all is well =)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:36 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I would just lay down, drink lots of water and rest. See if you feel baby moving (if u have b4) and if movement is normal and you feel nothing then go in asap. If you feel baby and are resting I would wait. Try a heating pad on low under your lower back, it helps me... Take some tylenol and relax.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I'd say to lay down, if the contractions persist then I'd go in, but from what my doc tells me, she says if I have 5-6 strong contractions in 1 hour come in. They usually go away by the 4th or 5th one for me.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 11:05 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Call Labor & Delivery

Answer by admckenzie at 11:10 AM on Nov. 20, 2010