My 3 year old--with special needs...

My son is 3 now and it's time for me to (and I DONT want to do this!) get prepared for him to go to preschool next year. He has Cornelia de Lange Syndrome, so he isn't quite your "average" 3 year old. anyone have any advice on good fun ways to teach him to share and not throw things??? I know that he does not understand that throwing toys can be dangerous when other kids are around, and I don't want him to think that I'm trying to teach him not to play. He is not to the point where he understands many words, and he does not speak. He is an only child, so it's not like brothers and sisters can help out with this! Any adice would be wonderful!

Pip-Squeek

Asked by Pip-Squeek at 10:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I may not have the best answer but after reading your post was curious. I don't have any of my own answers but I found this ebook that might help at least a little withthe actual starting of school. best of luck!!! http://2d5015o7ohj5uo29ezc28a8k0x.hop.clickbank.net/
    Hope it helps, if not, at least I tried :)
    ilovemysilasboo

Answer by ilovemysilasboo at 5:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• never heard of it, but here's a bump!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:26 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Is he going to a school where his teachers will work with his individual challenges? I would think his teachers would be your biggest support in his success. Right off the top of my head I would think soft toy playing might be best as he is learning. HTH ((hugs))
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 12:30 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I am not familiar with his condition. Maybe try to correct him every time you play together and see if that helps. Also, see if there are any areas around where he can play with other children and maybe get used to playing with other kids
    Not.So.Virginal

Answer by Not.So.Virginal at 10:02 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i'm not familiarwith his syndrome, but i would suggest joining some play groups, and working with him there, where you can be involved with ihm 100%.
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2010