• In the Spotlight:

How would you feel if your best freind breastfed your baby while she had him\her for the night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think if it was my good friend i wouldn't mind
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Unless it was something we'd discussed I'd be outraged. That is something between mother and child. I would never dream of nursing anyone else's child.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 11:05 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Personally I wouldn't care, but that's just the kind of person I am. However, it's a personal preference and unless your friend KNEW you were OK with wetnursing (that's what it's called) then she should've had your permission first.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 11:19 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I would be ok with it if she asked first. I don't mind wetnursing, I think it's great! If all the women who had an over-supply helped out all the women who didn't have a good supply, we wouldn't need formula. That's how it used to be 150 years ago before formula was invented. I think if there was no other way to calm the baby down, and she did everything else she could think of, it was a great thing for her to do! I'd rather someone breastfeed my baby than give them formula (providing of course they don't have HIV).
    GothyMama

Answer by GothyMama at 11:31 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I would be furious because she shouldn't have done that without asking.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I would be very angry. Especially if it was something you had not discussed with her. I view breastfeeding as a personal choice that is also a very private exchange between you and your child. At the risk of sounding selfish, I don't want anyone bonding with my baby like that, except ME. That's just me, though. Wetnursing is great, but not for me and my baby.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Donate Breast Milk
    www.NationalMilkBank.org      Convenient, Confidential. Every Drop is Precious. Become a Donor.   Help lots of babies around the world!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I'd be very angry too. It's between mother and baby ONLY!
    PearlyismyGirly

Answer by PearlyismyGirly at 2:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I wouldn't care.
    chotovec82

Answer by chotovec82 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• like i was trapped in a bad episode of melrose place. i remember how that story line went. run girl run.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 5:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2008