• In the Spotlight:

How To Deal With Feeling Like A Leaking Sack Of Crazy? adult content

Okay ladies, here's the deal. I'm 20 weeks pregnant with Baby #3 and I am huge already, have epic stress incontinence and was just put on pelvic rest. I have outgrown all my underwear. Again. I can't shave my legs because I can't get to my ankles so I would have little Chewbacca Socks anyway. I have to live in a giant muumuu because nothing fits. My self-esteem and self-confidence are at an all-time low. The last time I attempted some kind of physical closeness with my poor, long-suffering, awesome husband, I ended up feeling sick, threw up over the side of the bed AND pissed myself at the same time, so naturally, I am loath to make any further attempts in that direction. I saw all this coming months ago and talked with my husband about it. He's a super-mellow person, all he said was "Whatever, babe, you just let me know what you need." Yeah...That's not such an easy thing to express when one has systematically had every shred of dignity and self-respect stripped away one humiliating event at a time, and what I really need seems pretty impossible at this point: To feel pretty, in control of things and not insane, just for a few minutes.
I'm quite sure I'm not the only person who has been in this position. Perhaps some of you would like to share your experiences and what, if anything, you were able to do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if you can afford it a small day at the salon with a haircut and pedi can do wonders. you can also think about getting a massage there are wonder therapist that do pregancy and post pregancy massages. but also just a nite where your hubby can sit and snuggle with you can do wonders. just remember your half way there and it will be over before you know it.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Hey being 20 weeks means your half way through, your really being down on yourself. I'm 30 weeks, and I'm not able to wear much either, then again I don't really feel like getting into anything except my big nightgown. I'm super low carrying this baby, and it's a girl. I always heard boys were low. But anyways back to my point, I think your just being hard on yourself. Pregnancy is hard, and having babies around the house is hard to keep after as well. I think Laura is right about going for a day at the salon. I don't go much myself, but even a cheap hair cut makes me feel great.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 11:02 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• And if you can't do the salon thing, just have a friend come over to do your nails, or restyle your hair, just get pampered a little bit. Also express to your doc how you are feeling at your next appt, esp if she's a woman. :)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 20, 2010