To all active duty Military wives. Do you husbands sleep all the time?

My husband is active duty military and he works a lot with duty days deployments etc.On his days off instead of enjoying the day going out or doing things with us he sleeps until mid day then will just sit around the rest of the day and never wants to do anything most of the time. Dont get me wrong hes not always like this but the majority of the time. I appreciate his hard work and love him. I just feel like i hardly get to spend time with him and the only time we really have together is on the weekends. Are any of your husband's like this? Also getting him to stay with the kids is like pulling teeth anybody else or am I alone on this? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• For a long time after my hubby's deployment, he was the same exact way. Eventually he snapped out of it and and now he can't stand being cooped up in the house and always wants to go and do things together. Hopefully it will pass for yours as well. I know it sucks. The army takes so much of our husband's time away from us that we totally crave it ALL THE TIME when they are home!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Same as mine after deployment...unfortunately i found out that mine had a touch of ptsd and had to go to counseling 2x a week. he is better now and hates being cooped up in the house...you could encourage counseling or maybe if he had a hobby like a project he likes to do to get him motivated and out of bed...
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 12:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Well I am going to tell you the truth, my husband was like that and still is. He has some PTSD issues, and he acknowledges it. But I can tell you maybe if he talks to a counselor it might help, but might not, depends on your husband and how he views things. My husband is like "I can handle this on my own, I don't need help from anyone" It is hard but I guess that is just a part of military life, and we have been dealing with this for 7 years, since he was deployed from 2003. I know sometimes don't get too clingy but spend some family time together and then let your husband have some alone time too, even though they work alot and we don't see them it is hard not to be his shadow when he gets home, and if you don't have a car or a place to go during the day, or even talk to another adult it can be challenging for the spouse too. But trust me it will get better and easier!
    criscavalier

Answer by criscavalier at 8:48 AM on Nov. 22, 2010