About how old will my son really start focusing on our faces?

He'll look at us while we talk to him but when will he really start focusing on everyone?

slowyourrole

Asked by slowyourrole at 11:05 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pretty much right away. See if he makes different faces when he looks at different people. I was a visiting nurse for new moms/babes and I used to look going to black families and showing them the funny face their babies made when they looked at pale blue eyed me. If you think he isn't focusing on you as much as you thought, it might be because he already "got" you, and he's got other things to learn. Congrats on your LO!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I was pretty sure he was recognizing and focusing on us but wasn't sure if it was him really looking at us or just coincidental. TY
    slowyourrole

Comment by slowyourrole (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• He will start really figuring out who you are at about 2 months old. especially whichever parent feeds him the most. My daughter is 2 1/2 months old and and smiles everytime she spots her brother. She knows all of our faces by now and you can tell the difference when she looks at someone unfamiliar.
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• my DD is 3 mos anddoes it.. every baby is different.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:37 AM on Nov. 24, 2010