What do you do when you have a migrane and you have to go do a family function?

We are having Thanks Giving today by my families house and I have this pounding headach! :(

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Health

• If it's an actual migraine, there isn't much you can do but lay in a dark room and wait it out. Sometimes making yourself throw up gets rid of the migraine, but not always lol. Take 4 motrin and see if that helps
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:12 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If your migraines are near as bad as mine are, I couldn't do ANYTHING! But if you have the time before you go i'd definitely take something and try to lay down in the dark for an hour or so to see if that helps. When I get mine I just can't fake it. They are terrible
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I rarely get migraines, but when I do. I can't do anything except laydown and wait till they pass
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:14 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I have suffered from migraines my whole life and the fact is they come and go as they please... but one thing to try is taking whatever pain pill you have... if you have seen a dr like me im sure its good... take ice cold packs i buy them at the store and keep four in my freezer.. and wrap a light towel around it and lay in a dark room with it over your eyes and possibly one on your neck.. have someone swtich them out for you if possible and usually within an hour i can function again but if you really have one it coudl take all day, try taking a nap dark room try to hold still and use icepacks and whatever pain medicine you have
    jturner46

Answer by jturner46 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If you can't go, don't. Your family will not benefit by it. And you should get off the computer. It will not make it any better since computers put a strain on you eyes.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• When I get Migraines, I can't go anywhere, I get sick and it's horible but I take zomigand love it. I've heard excedrine migranie (SP) works
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 11:13 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i dont go if it wont go away.. i take 3 excedrine and a phenagrin put an ice pack on my forhead grab my sunglasses and lay down for thirty...
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 11:19 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• if ur too ill to go then dont, being at a computer wont help much
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2010