What should I do when it's time to move out?!

We moved here because my bfs mom and sister were moving out and the rent is cheap for this area! They didn't bother cleaning the house for us (FILTHY!), or even emptying it of all their stuff! We moved into a cramped, dirty house and it's been hard maintaining it since. We're going to have to get rid of a lot of crap when we move (rent a dumpster, get rid of their stuff..) Should I even tell them so they can help pay for a dumpster.. or should I just get rid of it all?

anestheticsex

Asked by anestheticsex at 1:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I think that you should call them and let them know first. That way if there is anything important to them, they will come get it. Write down the day and time that you talked to them, so if they sue you, you have documentation. They have stuff like this on those court shows all the time. I'm not saying that you are in the wrong for wanting all their junk out, I would too. But go about it in a proper manner. I don't think that they will agree to pay for a dumpster though, if they left their stuff behind, they won't want to pay to throw it out.
    If they don't come get it, instead of throwing it out, have a yard sale and make money for yourself off of it or pack it up and donate it to a charity (one that has a thrift store).
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Put it on the curb and call the city.
    Anonymous

• just get rid of it all. If you've been in possession of their "crap" for more than 30 days, it's yours and they technically aren't responsible for it any more. If they had wanted it, they should have gotten it. and it doesn't sound like they are the type that would help pay for the dumpster anyways.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for the answers. I'm just so unconfrontational so I'll just get rid of it all and never even tell them. I'm so sick of living here, it was a big mistake from the beginning.. can't wait to get a new place next summer.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I like what SLW123 said

Answer by louise2 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2008