11 week old with a cold

What can I do to help my 11 week old, she has a stuffy nose and right now we are between insurances so I cant take her to the dr. She is having a really hard time breathing through her nose, and has been sneezing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get some baby saline spray, squirt a little bit into each nostril, give it about 5 minutes to do it's work, and then suck all the gunk out with one of those suction bulb thingies.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Oh, and a cool mist humidifier might help, too.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• have her sleep on an incline, saline in the nose and suction it out, cool mist humidifer too. best thing is the saline. It'll help clean out the nose.
    Anonymous

• I may be old school here, but when my son (now 11mo) had a stuffy nose, I would put him in his bouncer, grab a book or mag, and head to the bathroom. Turn the shower on HOT, shut the curtain, and just camp out there for half an hour or so. Sometimes he was so frustrated and stuffy he couldn't sleep, and after 10 min in the bathroom, he'd doze off. Like I said though, bring something to do!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I have an 8 month old she is also very stuffy right now, I was told by a friend to get gentle vapors plug in unit. Its a mini waterless vaporizer by pediaCare. I plugged it in last night and she slept great!!! this morning she wasn't stuffy anymore. I think they are like $12-$15 dollars a unit. They even make extra refill pads for $6 dollars. I found it all at our local drug store. Worked great for us hope it helps!
    RedneckMommy88

Answer by RedneckMommy88 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2008