Submit or else??

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is warning that any would-be commercial airline passenger who enters an airport checkpoint and then refuses to undergo the method of inspection designated by TSA will not be allowed to fly and also will not be permitted to simply leave the airport.

That person will have to remain on the premises to be questioned by the TSA and possibly by local law enforcement. Anyone refusing faces fines up to $11,000 and possible arrest

Will the Supreme Court be stepping in?
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/sfl-airport-scans-pat-downs-refual-20101121,0,5604032.story

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 11:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well when you buy your plane ticket it tells you that by buying the ticket you are agreeing to being searched before boarding the plane. So they are just enforcing the rules you agreed to when you bought the ticket.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:39 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• America: The Land of the Not So Free.

Of course, some might argue they are still free because they have a choice if they want to visit their loved ones across the country.
    1. have a naked photo taken
    2. Be groped by a stranger
    3. Pay $11,000, be interrogated and not get to see their loved ones

With choices like that, I don't know what anyone is complaining about. Prudish whiners.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 11:44 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• So they are just enforcing the rules you agreed to when you bought the ticket.
    _________________________________
    The government is acting outside of its bounds when making such rules. I'm willing to bet you were flipping out about the Patriot Act. The fourth amendment prevents the government from performing unreasonable searches without a warrant. They've gone too far.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:45 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

Definition of UNREASONABLE
    1
    a : not governed by or acting according to reason b : not conformable to reason : absurd
    2
    : exceeding the bounds of reason or moderation

Now, just because you may personally have exhibitionist tendencies and get off on the idea of someone groping your or examining your cleavage in front of an audience, doesn't mean that is a reasonable expectation. It ALSO doesn't mean that it actually makes you safer or does anything. You are saying you approve of throwing away BILLIONS of dollars for fancy equipment that does not work, except to make people irritable and un
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:49 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• OK wth is wrong with cm today? That should say except to make people irritable and uncomfortable to the point they may, in fact, become violent, but for no reason that has to do with terrorism.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I don't know about anyone esle, but if me and my man were flying and he found out they were taking a naked pic of me or if he saw a man running his hands down and up my legs, that would be it for that machine/that man. I think they are gonna be looking at a lot of upset husbands. They may say they are ok with their wife getting pat down...but what about when they actually see it happen?!
    Scarlet_Delilah

Answer by Scarlet_Delilah at 11:55 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I have never seen that on a ticket though I have not flown in the past year but since you tend to not know what you are talking about I still have my doubts it's there. I did hear the airlines can opt out if they want. I don't think it will take long before they start doing this as they see their profits crash due to people taking your advice by not flying. Maybe you will be pleased that they have to lay off more people? More unintended consequences.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• In clarification that was regarding purpleduckys statement
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• The grope will be from a screener of the same gender. Are many husbands bothered my another woman touching their wife? In assisting new mothers nurse their preterm infants, I often touch a breast....I wonder if the dad's of those babies have been angry at me for "touching" their wife, as part of my job? I can see both sides of this story-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• . I did hear the airlines can opt out if they want. I don't think it will take long before they start doing this as they see their profits crash due to people taking your advice by not flying.

Several airports are going to be opting out of using TSA for private security. San Fran is the largest Airport to have NEVER used TSA.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2010