what do u think about telling little kids that santa is real?

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Um fine??? My kids believed for a long time. So what?
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:19 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• What is there to think? Kids have been told there is a Santa for years and years now. It's never left any lifetime scarring. It's not like I am out there searching for that "real" Santa. I haven't been traumatized. I don't have any stress disorders from being told there was a Santa. What did your parents tell you?
    anony-mous

Answer by anony-mous at 11:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• its ok.. but not after say 8 or 9...
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 11:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i think its great. santa is fun.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:21 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• How else do you get the kids to behave??? "If you're bad, Santa won't bring you presents...."
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It's the magic of Christmas!!!!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 11:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It has always been the Magic of Christmas to me, thanks for saying that mygirlpaige. When my son was in first grade they were learning about "legends" and he came home and told me his teacher said Santa wasn't real, but a legend. BOY WAS I MAD!!!! I told him that he could believe what he wanted, but that I believe in Santa. That satisfied him for a long time. I finally told him the year he was 11. I said "I'm Your Santa" and he thought I meant I was THE SANTA and he looked at me and said "how do you get to all the children in the world in one night?"

I still lol thinking about that. My poor, sweet naive 11 year old..... Gotta love him.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• definitley let them believe as long as possible, is how I feel. Nobody should take that away from a child. I can't imagine growing up and not believing in Santa.
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 12:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I think it's fabulous!!!
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I went back and forth on this before I had kids, but now I would never want to take that away from them. It is one of the mysteries about Christmas that they love. Its like the tooth fairy and the easter bunny.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2010