how long did it take to rebuild trust after multiple infidelities?

was the relationship ever the same? i have heard some couples say after some counseling their relationship turned out better?? any opinions /experiences?

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• leave now before he brings you home herpes!
    if someone cheats on your multiple times, there going to do it again.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:21 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Normally the "better" marriage comes after ONE infidelity and he's remorseful. I'm not saying it can't happen after multiple infidelities but the probability decreases after each one. I personally wouldn't trust him if I saw a pattern. My x was like that and I finally gave up and left.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:32 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If it was one time it MIGHT work. Multiple times means "This ain't gonna work." RUN, GIRL, RUN!!!!!
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 11:40 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Multiple? Get the hell out of there! He doesn't care about you! If he did there wouldn't be so many. Don't be a fool and continue to forgive and let him get away with it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It took me 10 years. Then, I divorced him. It should have only taken one time of him cheating. But one affair while dating wasn't so bad. It's the other 100+ women he was with that finally made me realize I not only deserved better, my kids deserved WAY BETTER, and that he wasn't ever going to change. Because he knew that after the first time he cheated and I took him back, he could just keep on doing it.
    MindyMoo631

Answer by MindyMoo631 at 1:52 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• you can't rebuild trust, because you know deep down he's going to keep cheating
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:36 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I lived with that. I never trusted him again and I left. He would not go to counselling and I went alone. I had to get strong enough to leave. Good luck to you.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• the best i can offer is this... i left my SO, and started dating the next day.. to me it was over to him it wasnt.. after 2 weeks we got backtogetner and things are def better..... but ti is hard on both of us to think about what happened hard for me becuase i know i hurt him and hard for him bexcuase he knows the things that happened... its ahrder for us both with the emotional things rahter than jsut the sex...
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 11:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Well my DH cheated on me a few times always got caught because well men are Dumb! The last time I tossed him out we lived separate for a year. In that time we did see each other off and on but he sought therapy and then we started together in June. The trick is you both have to want to fix it. He has to admit to what he has done and tell you everything. Go to counseling. Me and my DH are amazing now. They say everything happens for a reason and you don’t always know the reason why? But I can look back and know we are now where we are supposed to be and we are stronger then ever.
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 1:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010